Candidates living more than an six-hour drive from Erie, Pa., may submit a videotaped audition. DVD will not be returned. NO DANCE MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE MADE TO DANCE APPLICANTS WHO AUDITION BY DVD/YouTube. Audition material should be approximately 5-10 minutes long. The camera should record barre movement from the side and all other center and movement through space from the front. The dancer should be completely within the frame for the entire tape.
Women: Dark color leotard with pink tights and shoes. Men: a white T-shirt with black tights and white shoes. No leg warmers, skirts or sweat clothes please.
The audition tape should include a minimum of the following:
• Barre excerpts including pliés in second and fifth position, tendus, dégagés, rond de jambs par terre and en l’air, adagio and grand battements.
• Center grand adagio, including développés, promenades, pirouettes en dehors and en dedans.
• Petit allegro with battu. Men: Tour en l’air and batterie (entrechat quatre, six, etc.).
• Grand allegro on the diagonal or in a circle.
• Women: Sur le pointe combination with relevé on one foot in arabesque and pirouette(s).
Any or all of the above done sur le pointe will fulfill this requirement if relevés on one foot in arabesque and pirouettes are included.
OPTIONAL: If at an advanced/preprofessional level, please include fouettés sur le pointe.
Variation or performance footage may be added at the end of the tape, if you choose.
Label your DVD with your name and address. Package the DVD securely to prevent damage in mailing. Mail your DVD with your application. After posting on YouTube, forward YouTube link to Ms. Hunter at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the dance auditions, call the dance department at 814-824-2256.